A backpack is not just something that kids use to carry their schoolbooks in. There are more adults now finding that a backpack is very beneficial for them to use as well. In fact, there are all kinds of backpacks made for adults to use for a variety of purposes. One of the most popular backpacks for adults is backpacks. But, what are all the benefits of using a backpack? Below you will find the top 10 benefits of a backpack.
Top 10 Benefits of Backpack:
1. Hands-Free – One huge benefit of using a backpack is that it allows you to use both of your hands to carry things or handle your children. If you’re still carrying a handbag or tote bag around your shoulder, then you are limiting your ability to perform certain actions because one of your hands will need to consistently hold the bag. But with a backpack, you won’t have this problem.
2. Comfortable – Backpacks are more comfortable to carry than tote bags. Since the weight is being distributed evenly to both shoulders, you don’t have to strain one muscle trying to carry all that weight. You can use multiple muscles to carry the weight. This will make the overall weight feel lighter as you carry it around.
3. Secures Items – A big difference between a backpack and a tote bag is that a backpack will secure the items inside of it. Backpacks have zippers which let you seal the items inside after you have put them in there. In most cases, the backpack will be made of durable material that is water resistant. This means if it is raining or snowing outside, your items will be protected from water damage or even temperature damage.
4. Spacious – The great thing about backpacks is they are usually bigger than tote bags. This means you can carry a lot more items in your backpack. You can also carry bigger items that you wouldn’t have been able to carry in a tote bag. And if you have smaller items that you want to be separated from the main compartment, there are lots of zippered pockets all around the backpack that you can use for storing documents, phone batteries, and other small possessions.
5. Less Harmful – People who regularly carry tote bags are slowly damaging their shoulder and back. Putting all the weight of the bag on just one side of your body will eventually cause you to have back problems. On the other hand, backpacks distribute the weight evenly to both shoulders which will reduce your chances of having back problems in the future. That is why people who carry books or other heavy objects should not use a tote bag or else they’ll get lots of shoulder pains.
6. Good Speed – Since a backpack allows your hands to be free, you can swing your arms while you’re walking. You might not realize this but swinging your arms can help your body move faster. That is why runners are known for swinging their arms fast. So, if you have a backpack on and you’re walking while swinging your arms, you will go faster than if you were carrying a tote bag. The latter would incapacitate one of your arms because you would need to use it to hold your bag.
7. Affordable – Backpacks may be bigger than tote bags, but that doesn’t mean they’re more expensive. You can get a decent quality backpack for as little as $30. The cheapest tote bag will cost around that price. So, you mine as well spend the money on something that is superior, like a backpack.
8. Easily Find Items – You might think that tote bags would be easier for finding items because it has many different compartments to organize them in. The truth is that you might not always remember which compartment you put what in. A backpack simply has pockets for small items and then a big space for bigger items. This means if you’re traveling with a passport and other paper documents, you can easily access them by opening the pocket to get them. You don’t have to go searching through big spaces or compartments to look for them.
9. Multipurpose – A tote bag is typically used for carrying a few small personal items, but they don’t have much use beyond that. A backpack is useful because it can serve many purposes. You can use it for carrying diapers, schoolbooks, clothes, picnic supplies, food, rock climbing equipment, computer equipment, and so much more. In fact, a backpack is big enough to carry an entire suitcase. That way, you can still remain hands-free if you’re traveling on business.
10. Longer Use – If you’re traveling on foot for an extended period of time, then a backpack is the only way to go. There is a reason that hikers, bikers, and outdoorsmen are notorious for using backpacks. Aside from allowing their hands to be free, it is easy to carry a backpack around for many hours at a time. They will exhaustless energy and it will help build their endurance.